Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reading is Brain Food

I enjoy reading at times, personally being forced to read a book for school makes me not to read it even more. I rather have a choice to what I read. When I choose to read on my own, for example the summer it is more fun. I enjoy to read in the summer because it will be only one book at a time and no school distractions getting in the way of me and the novel. I really do not dislike a specific genre of books, just has to have a good story line. But an exception is that if school books could be a genre I'd hate it. They are more educational than fun and never a little of both, also the time crunch always gets me, because I cannot focus on detail. I rather spend a whole two months on a book enjoying it and absorbing the detail than nothing. I really do like reading, that's why a class such as Readers Choice is good for me because at least I can have some say in a book, like if it was a class choice book, or a lot of say like in a personal choice book. I find myself reading more and better because it is a good excersise on the brain. One of my favorite books is "Of Mice and Men," and I am currently reading a "The Book Thief" and enjoying it very much. In the end I will always try to read a good book because it is as good food you as eating your fruits and veggies, you just have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment